- Take battery cover & battery off
- Undo 2 cross-head screws. A PH000 bit works.
- With nail, gently lever off chrome front of phone. NB: Keyboard will still be attached after this! Don't try and remove it.
- Near one of the screw holes, there will be a rectangular gap reaching through to the chrome clip holding on the keyboard. Unclip with flat screwdriver.
- If you took it off, attach keypad to phone front, sliding metal part into runners first.
- Put the top of the phone front first, then work downwards.
Bluetooth and Linux
There are various tools to do stuff to your phone via. bluetooth:
host:~# hcitool scan # find address of your phone host:~# export bt_phone=[BT address of phone] host:~# bluetooth-agent 5281 & # The first time you try and access your phone # you will have to pair with "5281" host:~# bluez-test-device create $bt_phone # Browse files host:~# obexftp -b $bt_phone -l # Connect to internet host:~#bluez-test-serial $bt_internet dun Connected /dev/rfcomm0 to B0:5C:E5:94:57:88 Press CTRL-C to disconnect (Control-Z: the connection will die when this process ends) host:~# pon o2_mobileweb /dev/rfcomm0
Doing things via AT commands
The AT commandset supported by the phone seems rather poor. The only SMS command from Nokia's AT commandset is sending messages:
AT+CMGF=1 OK AT+CMGS="+4412344566"<cr>This is a message<esc>
- http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/nokia-wireless-keyboard-su-8w/software - Need Nokia Series 60 3.2 edition.
- Channel 8 instead
- aptitude install opensync-format-vformat
- http://www.drjukka.com/YBrowser.html - Keep scrolling for free version
- http://jbak.ru/jbaktaskman/jbaktaskman_desc_en.php - Get old, signed, 1.0 version
- http://my-symbian.com/s60v3/software/applications.php?faq=11&fldAuto=88 - Set date to 12/07/2006, plonk roms in E:/Mame/Roms
- http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.nokia.com/id/d476061e-90ca-42e9-b3ea-1a852f3808ec/SIP_VoIP_Settings.html - SIP VoIP 3.x settings (?)
- http://anotherguest.se/ for games
- http://wap.mgmaps.com/get.php?version=14&platform=n95&submit=Download (Download signed Jad & Jar. Install Jar)
- http://www.substanceofcode.com/software/mobile-trail-explorer/ (Download beta 1.15)
- http://library.forum.nokia.com/index.jsp?topic=/Java_Developers_Library/GUID-E6E98DE3-C88F-49C1-A07C-D3709409DFFF.html -
MIDlet-1: HelloWorldMIDlet, /bitmap_icon.png , example.hello.HelloWorldMIDlet Nokia-Scalable-Icon-MIDlet-1: /scalable_icon.svg
- There are several classes of icons, with some overriding others. The lookup order in the JAD file goes as follows:
- Nokia-Scalable-Icon-MIDlet-<n> (In S60 3rd Edition FP 2 and newer) MIDlet-<n> Nokia-Scalable-Icon (In S60 3rd Edition FP 2 and newer) MIDlet-Icon Platform default icon